Executive Personal assistants, Estate Managers, and other types of domestic staff are usually concerned with being in major U.S. cities like Los Angeles or New York City so that can score a great gig with a high-net-worth family or billionaire. Be advised: world-class jobs with billionaires are all over our nation (cities big and small).
Grand Rapids, Michigan, for example, is one of America’s best kept secrets. GR is a small city in Western Michigan about a three-hour drive north of Chicago – and was recently voted by Forbes as the best city to raise a family.
Grand Rapids has one of the highest concentrations of wealth – for small cities – in the nation. Some of the wealthy families include:
· Amway founders Jay Van Andel and Richard DeVos, who are billionaires.
· The Meijer family is also on Forbes’ billionaire list (they run a supermarket empire).
· Steelcase is an international office furniture company with a slew of well-paid executives.
· The Bissell family, founders of the multi-billion-dollar vacuum company, is also in Western Michigan. And like the
Amway family, they also travel in private jets.
And if a small town doesn’t suit your needs, across the state in Detroit the wealthy are plentiful:
· Ford motor car family (and HQ executives)
· GM: General Motors headquarters
· Detroit Tigers baseball team
· Detroit Lions football team
· Detroit Pistons NBA team
There are a total of 11 billionaires in the state of Michigan:
· Dan Gilbert: $3.9 billion
· Manoj Bhargava: $1 billion
· Michael and Marian Ilitch: $3.2 billion
· Ronda Stryker: $3 billion
· Alfred Taubman: $2.7 billion
· John Brown: $1.5 billion
· Manuel (Matty) Moroun: $1.5 billion
· William Ford Sr: $1.4 billion
· John Stryker: $1.4 billion
· Roger Penske: $1.3 billion
As far as other high-net-worth families go, the list goes on and on. In short, New York and California may be the Holy Grail for personal assistant jobs, but there are plenty of six-figure opportunities in other parts of the United States. If you take the road less traveled and try to get jobs outside the Los Angeles and NYC, you have a much better chance because the (somewhat) anonymous billionaires that are off the beaten path don't get as many applications.
The wealth statistics in America are astounding. There are about 600 billionaires, and only around 100 of them live in NYC and LA. Further, there are about 49,000 households in the USA that have net worth between 60 and $600,000,000. That means the opportunities outside the major cities are absolutely plentiful. It would take a lifetime just to apply to all of them.
By Brian Daniel -- READ MORE LIKE THIS >>
Written for assistants and estate managers working for celebrities, CEOs, UHNW families, billionaires and royalty